An Individual Marketing Coaching Program for Independent Professionals
Are you an Independent Professional who wants to take your marketing and business to the next level?
- You may be fairly new in your business as an Independent Professional and want to get off to a fast start.
- You may have been in business for some time but still struggle with marketing yourself.
- You may tend to resist or avoid marketing activities and you need a plan, a strategy and some support.
- Your may have hit a plateau in your business and are not growing at the rate you'd like. But now you're ready to go to the next level.
Ultimately, the Marketing Coaching Program is for you if you are serious about growing your business, earning more money and making a bigger difference.
Do you have some of these issues about marketing yourself?
- Even though you've had some success, you don't enjoy marketing or find it very effective.
- You are not currently satisfied with your marketing message, marketing materials and marketing plans.
- You have challenges with the selling process - from meeting with prospective clients to closing the sale.
- You are somewhat uncomfortable about the whole process of promoting yourself and getting out there.
- You want to market your authentic self and offer services that make a difference, but you're not sure how to do that.
- You are simply not making the income you know you could be making.
These statements have been true for most of my clients. You're not alone. Marketing can be challenging, frustrating and intimidating. There's so much information and options out there these days that it's hard to know what to do or where to start.
If you feel you may need some hands-on assistance in getting past these marketing challenges and attracting more of your ideal clients, this program may be right for you.
I've been working with Independent Professionals on their marketing for over 30 years and have helped hundreds of clients to become better, more successful marketers of their professional services, consistently attracting more of their ideal clients. There's a very good chance I can help you as well.
Objectives of the Marketing Coaching Program
In working with my clients in this program, I have two prmary objectives:
1. To work with you to create a marketing plan and marketing approach that puts you and your business out there at a higher level where you attract better clients, get paid more and make a bigger difference.
2. To support you in building confidence and getting our of your own way – past your resistance, fears, limiting patterns and beliefs so that you take action consistently and boldly towards your goals.
Most of my clients know exactly what they want but they often don't have the tools, skills, plans and support to put their ideas into action.
What you can expect from this program
1. More clarity about what it takes to attract more of your ideal clients.
2. More confidence in developing your marketing message, materials and plans that really represent you.
3. More courage to get out there and make connections with prospective clients.
4. More focus in taking action – less hesitance and avoidance when it comes to marketing activities.
5. More understanding of what works or doesn't work to get marketing results.
6. More fun and joy in the process of running your business, serving clients and implementing your marketing.
7. More consistent cash flow and client flow so that you meet or exceed your financial needs.
Marketing your business doesn't need to be a chore or drudgery. In fact, it can be a game that you win consistently. You just need to know the rules of the game and build a few skills to play it successfully. Many of my clients have told me that after years of resisting marketing that it's now the most favorite part of their business.
What happens when we work together in this program?
I work with you as an individual, understanding that you have special needs, unique goals and singular talents. A one-size-fits-all approach won't work for you. You need your issues addressed directly with approaches that will work for your style and personality. (You don't have to change who you are to be successful at marketing.)
In our coaching sessions we'll work to build your marketing knowledge and skills that will produce consistent results: more of your ideal clients.
Specifically, we'll work together to help you develop…
- An attention-getting marketing message – both verbal and written
- Written marketing materials – including a website that express the essence of your business
- Implementing various marketing activities – from speaking to email marketing – to get the word out
- Connecting with prospects, following-up, asking for and getting meetings
- A non-manipulative selling process that turns more prospects into paying clients.
- Ways to stay organized with your marketing and stay on top of follow-up
Marketing isn't a "locked box" of hidden secrets. My Action Plan Marketing Approach is a toolbox of strategies and tactics proven to get the attention of prospective clients, engage them in conversations and convert them into paying clients. This is something you can learn and do as I've seen with hundreds of clients over the years.
In addition, some of our sessions will be focused on helping you get unstuck. I'll show you how you can…
- Get past resistant to almost any marketing activity
- Understand and transcend any old core beliefs that are holding you back
- Be more productive, organized and on-track with your projects
- Feel confident that you can speak to anyone about how your services can help them
- Ask for what you want and deserve without fear of rejection
- Put yourself out there more boldly without holding back or playing small.
I'll work with you to overcome your resistance and avoidance of marketing. I'll support you in getting past your fears, doubts, aversions and reluctance about marketing. You'll discover whole new ways to think about marketing activities you've avoided for years. I'll share powerful tools and methods on how to be fully present to your resistance and how to get to the other side of it, so that you no longer have that resistance and you no longer avoid implementing your marketing.
What will working together in this program look like?
This is what our coaching relationship will look like:
- I work with clients typically from six to ten months (when you're done, you're done).
- We'll meet by Zoom Video or by phone for an hour to 75 minutes, usually every two weeks.
- We'll engage in in-depth conversations during each session where we'll create your future, make plans to get there and face any obstacles fearlessly.
- I'll share proven marketing ideas and strategies with very specific how-tos and provide you resources and materials to help you understand what to do and how to do it.
- You'll leave each session with clarity about what to work on next, including step-by-step plans. And I'll hold you accountable for taking action.
- Between sessions you'll work on assignments to learn about marketing, develop strategies and materials and then implement what you learn.
- You'll have access to me by email and phone between sessions, if needed. If you have a question, need a resource or want some quick feedback, you don't need to wait until your next individual session.
- I often help my clients by editing or writing marketing materials, managing the development of your website and supporting the implementation of marketing campaigns.
- You'll fill out a Client Report Form before each session to let me know what you've been working on between sessions.
By the way, the program starts when you're ready. I have openings starting in mid-October 2016.
In addition, I include the following for all those in the program:
A lifetime membership in my More Clients Club, with programs and resources for more effective marketing. You'll be using these materials while working with me. The Club contains five marketing tutorials, hundreds of hours of audio sessions and innumerable resources. After we've completed our work together, you'll have access to this material online indefinitely. The value of a lifetime membership in the Club is $497.
A monthly group session with all my current clients – We'll meet by Zoom Video once a month to share ideas, brainstorm challenges and make promises for taking action. I find it's always useful to see what other people are working on, and what issues, challenges and questions they are facing. And it's nice to know that others are going through exactly the same things you are. The value of these sessions is priceless.
I become many things in the our relationship of working together to grow your business. I'm a consultant that provides information and recommendations; I'm a coach that provides feedback and support; I'm a trusted advisor that can act as a sounding board sharing honestly from my 30 + years in business.
By the way, I work with many international clients, almost always by Zoom video so the calls themselves are free. I've worked with clients from Australia, New Zealand, England, South Africa, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Denmark, Germany, Chech Republic, France and more. So as long as we can work out meeting times, distance is not an issue.
How do you know if working with me is right for you?
Working in this program might be right for you if…
1. You know you have enormous potential in your independent professional business but that you can't seem to get the momentum to grow it as fast as you'd like.
2. You are ready to do what's necessary to grow your business and take your marketing to the next level, attracting more of your ideal clients.
3. You feel you need to work with someone in a very personalized way that will focus on your unique needs and with a system proven to get results.
But ultimately you can't know if this program is right for you until we talk. I need to learn more about you and your business for us to see if there's a fit.
What is the next step in being in this program?
If you would like to explore the Marketing Coaching Program to take your marketing to the next level, please fill out the questionnaire below. I’ll get back to you within one business day to let you know if we think there’s a fit or not and then set up a complimentary 45 to 60 minute Marketing Strategy Session.
In this session, I'll learn about you, your business, your current situation, goals and marketing challenges. Then I'll explain in more depth how we'll work together and answer any of your questions. If we decide there's a good fit, we'll move forward. I'll give you some preparation work before our first one-on-one session.
Of course, if you feel this approach is not for you, you won't get any pressure to move forward.
Note: When you fill out the questionnaire, you'll be taken to a page where I outline the fees I charge and a few other details about working with me. If you feel the fees are currently beyond your means, just let me know by email and I won't follow up to set up a Strategy Session with you.
Please fill out every field on the questionnaire completely, and in-depth for the questions about your business, marketing and current challenges.
If you cannot see the form below my name, then you can download the form here. Fill it out and send it back to me by email.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks, Robert Middleton
Thanks for filling out the form. As soon as I get it I'll get back to you to set up a time to talk about your business and marketing. - Robert M.